This is a neurotransmitter imbalance disease. See below for explanation.
In my experience, the most effective approaches to treating depression are amino acid supplementation according to the protocol developed by Dr. Hinz and homeopathy. The choice of therapy depends on the patient’s preference. Both are very effective and can be used in conjunction in some cases, but should be started one at a time to be clear of the effect of each approach. Before starting a particular therapy I like to make sure the patient understands the pros and cons of both and can make an intelligent decision.
The following article can be read in its entirety on Dr. Hinz’s site.
POSTED by J1237 Jan 31, 2009 06:59PM: I have suffered with severe depression and anxiety for about 10 years. I was very, extremely skeptical about the NeuroResearch formulas after having been on a myriad of antidepressant SSRI’s. I thought it was just a money making scheme and I was scared. Let me just say that I’m glad I did my research and I’m glad I tried it because it has made a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.
Since the year 2000 NeuroResearch Clinics has trained hundreds of doctors in its American Medical Association certified category 1 continuing medical education courses on depression and other neurotransmitter disease. In this web article is depression treatment subject matter from these courses.
The NeuroResearch Clinics approach to depression treatment is unique. While on the surface some of the things used by NeuroResearch Clinics for depression treatment may sound like previous approaches, the way they are used in is unlike any other. The depression treatment approach is from intensive medical research guided by the largest privately held medical data base in the world. Areas of help in depression treatment:
- Any depression.
- Treatment of depression that has not responded in the past.
- Bipolar depression.
- Trouble quitting antidepressants used in depression treatment without return of symptoms.
The gold standard for a medical research project is publishing “peer reviewed scientific literature”. NeuroResearch Clinics has met this standard (see the last paragraph of this page) in depression research.
The NeuroResearch approach excels in chronic depression. Chronic depression lasts for years and is difficult to control. For the patient with depression who has seen many doctors and taken many antidepressant drugs without treatment success this approach can achieve results. It is common for patients to achieve complete relief of symptoms, even after 40 or 50 years of suffering, with the NeuroResearch Clinics approach. For those with whose suffering is of less duration this depression approach offers optimal results without prescription drugs. For those that desire depression treatment without drugs this an effective approach to getting off the drugs without relapse.
DEPRESSION TREATMENT EXPECTATIONS
If you decide to seek depression treatment using the NeuroResearch Clinics approach, “What kind of results can you expect?”
- Depression treatment that gets symptoms under control.
- Depression treatment that allows stopping antidepressant drugs without relapse of symptoms
- Depression treatment is individualized. Some patients during depression treatment achieve relief of symptoms in 1 or 2 days. Most patients need 1 to 3 weeks of depression treatment before complete relief of symptoms are seen. Some patients with need 2 or 3 months of depression treatment to achieve relief symptoms. No matter how long it takes, if you go through the process, your you will feel better than you have in a long time under the NeuroResearch Clinics depression treatment guidelines.
Its no secret, NeuroResearch Clinics uses the nutrients 5-HTP, tyrosine, levodopa, and cysteine to treat depression in medical patients to get these results. Proper use of these simple ingredients in medical treatment is not simple. From time to time a patient will say, “Why do I want to take that, I can go to a health food store and buy it?” People off the street buying in a health food store is like going to an art store and buying a bunch of oil paints then going home and expecting to paint like a master artist even though there was no previous painting experience. These nutrients have tremendous depression potential due to their chemical properties. This potential in depression treatment is only fully realized in the hands of the trained professional using neurotransmitter testing as indicated. Depression treatment is not just giving a nutrient pill, it is the whole medical management approach doctors are trained in to insure that treatment is on track in order to get symptoms under control.
The Peer Reviewed Research of NeuroResearch Clinics
The depression neurotransmitter treatment research findings of NeuroResearch Clinics have not been ignored. The University of Minnesota Medical School is writing a series of papers on the neurotransmitter testing research of NeuroResearch Clinics. The first University of Minnesota Medical School neurotransmitter testing paper has been accepted for publication in “The Journal of NeuroPsychiatry”. It will be published in May of 2009. Ingrid Kohlstadt, MD of Johns Hopkins in her new medical text book released February 7, 2009 included a chapter on depression written by Marty L. Hinz, MD President Clinical Research NeuroResearch Clinics outlining in depth the proper use of amino acids and neurotransmitter testing in treatment of depression.
Learn more here
I have treated numerous people with depression using NeuroResearch method and have seen very good results.
Let’s discuss the pros and cons for using the NR method and homeopathy.
NeuroResearch amino acid supplementation
- Fast: good improvement is usually seen within 4-6 weeks of starting the therapy.
- Very simple to use: the same protocol is used for everybody and the only adjustment is in the dose of the supplements.
- Predictable: most people respond well.
- Non-curative: you are better only as long as you continue to take the supplements.
- Many pills to take.
- Supplements are more expensive in the long run than successful homeopathic treatment.
- Curative: you take the remedy only as long as necessary, with the goal of permanent alleviation of symptoms and eventually stopping the remedy.
- Treats all symptoms at the same time, not just those related to the neurotransmitter imbalance.
- No large numbers of pills to take.
- Less expensive in the long run: the remedy is included at no charge, you pay only for the doctor’s time.
- Much more difficult in practice. The visits take a lot more time and effort on the part of the doctor, because the treatment is highly individualized. That is why the first visit for homeopathic treatment is much more expensive than the one for NeuroResearch treatment. Also, insurance coverage for the homeopathic visits is usually not as good as for the NR visits.
- The effect is often quite slow. Sometimes it takes more than one try for the doctor to find the effective remedy. Until one is found, there is no effect. Once the correct remedy is found, the effect is usually slow.
Make sure to read this to gain a better understanding of the expectations for homeopathic treatment.
Some patients choose to start with the NeuroResearch approach in order get better fast, then proceed with homeopathic treatment leisurely and reduce the supplement doses if and when possible.